Under the Privacy Act 2020 we are required to inform you about the information we collect from you and how we use it.
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- contact information
- interactions with us
- billing or purchase information
We collect your personal information in order to:
- ensure you get information from us in a timely manner
- provide membership figures to the International Section of the International Marxist Tendency
- collect and process your bank account details for membership dues and magazine subscriptions
Besides our Editorial Board, we share this information with:
- the International Marxist Tendency in order to provide them with figures for statistical purposes and determining the international dues that we pay annually.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter bank account details (if applicable) we'll be required to cancel your membership and/or magazine subscription unable to send out information.
We keep your information safe by storing it securely in both paper and electronic formats and by restricting access to your personal details to the members of the Socialist Appeal NZ Editorial Board.
We keep your information for as long as you are a financial member and/or have a magazine subscription at which point we securely destroy it by erasing it from all our files, both electronic and paper.